Our Policy & Commitment
At FirstBank, we are fully committed to accessibility, diversity and inclusion. FirstBank is dedicated to making our products and services accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. We have made a commitment to follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG levels A and AA) and we use the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) specification. We are also firmly dedicated to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Digital Accessibility Statement
Our target accessibility standard is the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level A and Level AA. As we work towards meeting both these levels, we have dedicated considerable resources to our digital accessibility compliance effort, specifically directing appropriate resources to the individuals responsible for designing, developing and testing our websites and other digital content. Further, we are also ensuring that our support documentation and services are accessible, and that we are monitoring advocacy groups as well as working with vendors to identify areas in need of improvement. Relatedly, FirstBank is a regular participant at accessible technology conferences such as the California State University at Northridge's Conference on Technology and People with Disabilities (CSUN).
Accessibility Features of FirstBank
Our goal is to permit customers to successfully gather information and conduct business throughout our website. FirstBank has taken steps, and continues to devote resources to promote accessibility including engaging outside vendors for this purpose. Specific items we have addressed or are addressing include:
- Initial and ongoing accessibility training for staff.
- Use of headings, lists, paragraphs and other formatting features on www.efirstbank.com so guests can more easily use the site.
- Alternative text for appropriate images and non-text visual elements.
- Pages, sites and apps with a consistent structure to ease navigation.
- When choosing colors and site design, we consider contrast to promote the accessibility of images and text.
- We design our content to be easily readable for guests who use screen magnification.
- Our pages are designed to be friendly to guests who have mobility issues.
- Designating responsibility for ensuring and promoting the accessibility of our website and other technologies.
Tested Assistive Technology/Browser Combinations
FirstBank strives to comply with the WCAG standards referenced above. With that in mind, FirstBank has performed formal testing of several assistive technology/browser combinations. So, assistive technology and browsers that support these standards should provide an accessible experience to their users.
If you have other accessibility questions or feedback, or you would like to request reasonable modifications to our accessibility policies, practices, and procedures, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by phone at 1-800-964-3444 or TDD at 303-233-1300 or 1-844-915-2417. We will consider all requests.
Visit the FirstBank Diversity & Inclusion / Accessibility page to learn more.
Last updated: March 20, 2023