Visa Secure TERMS OF SERVICE
Please read this Terms of Service Agreement ("TOS") before using Visa Secure. You should also save or print a copy for future reference. This TOS sets out important information about Visa Secure and how your information is used to verify the authenticity of your transaction. In this TOS, "we," "us," or "our" refers to FirstBank, and "you," "your," or "yours" refers to the cardholder who uses or authorizes another person to use the Visa Secure service. Use of Visa Secure is also subject to the FirstBank Deposit Account Agreement ("Agreement") which governs use of your FirstBank credit and debit cards.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- FirstBank provides its Visa Secure service subject to the following TOS. The TOS may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time on our website: www.efirstbank.com. In addition, when using Visa Secure, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to this service that may be posted from time to time on the same website. The amended TOS and any updates to content regarding short message servicing, will automatically become effective immediately after it is posted on our website.
- You agree that use of Visa Secure will represent your acceptance of this TOS and that continued use of Visa Secure after you have been advised of revisions to this TOS shall constitute your agreement to such revised terms and any applicable posted guidelines or rules. You must cancel your transaction or use an alternative payment method if you do not want us to verify it using Visa Secure, or if you do not accept this TOS in its entirety. If you have questions about this service or TOS, please contact us at 303-237-5000, or 1-800-964-3444 if outside the Denver metropolitan area.
- Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment, enhance or otherwise modify Visa Secure shall be subject to this TOS.
- We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, Visa Secure (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Upon our request, you agree to sign a non-electronic version of this TOS.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
- Visa Secure provides increased security when conducting online transactions. If your FirstBank credit or debit cards is used online at a participating merchant, we may ask to confirm a one-time passcode that is sent to you via SMS or email. This additional verification is to confirm the identity of the individual performing the online transaction. This additional authentication is in place to reduce the incidence of fraud on your account.
- One-time passcodes are sent to you via SMS and email based on information which we already hold about you. We may give information about you to any party which assists us in providing the Visa Secure service. Msg & Data Rates May Apply
- If you're unable to or do not wish to receive a one-time passcode to authenticate (for example if you do not agree to or accept this TOS in its entirety), your payment will not be processed. Once your payment is cancelled, you will need to use an alternative method of payment if you wish to proceed with your online purchase.
- CARDHOLDER CONDUCT AND OBLIGATIONS
- Not all online retailers participate in the Visa Secure service. Only purchases through participating retailers are subject to this additional Visa Secure security layer. Visa Secure does not provide you with any additional rights regarding the quality or fitness for purpose of the goods or services that you purchase. You should always make sure that you make online purchases through reputable retailers.
- In order to use Visa Secure, you must have the ability to access the World Wide Web and must pay any service fees associated with such access.
- In the event you have a question regarding the Visa Secure service or a transaction using Visa Secure, you should direct that question to our customer service department at 303-237-5000, or 1-800-964-3444 if outside the Denver metro area.
You agree not to:
- impersonate any person or entity using Visa Secure;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment used by Visa Secure;
- spam or flood the Visa Secure service;
- modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Visa Secure service or the software used in connection with Visa Secure;
- remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in Visa Secure;
- "frame" or "mirror" any part of the Visa Secure Website or service without Visa's prior written authorization;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine," or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Visa Secure Website or service or its contents;
- otherwise interfere with, or disrupt, Visa Secure or servers or networks connected to Visa Secure, or violate this TOS or any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of Visa Secure or of any networks connected to Visa Secure; or
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international statute, regulation, regulatory guideline or judicial or administrative interpretation, or any rule or requirement established by Visa (all of which shall constitute "Applicable Law") in connection with your use of Visa Secure.
Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered to you if your phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of your wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including the customer's equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. You acknowledge that urgent alerts may not be timely received and that your wireless carrier does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- We may ask to verify your identity by sending a one-time passcode to an email or phone number we currently have on file. You may select the method in which you will receive your one-time passcode by selecting the mobile number or email that is displayed on the website during the transaction. If the mobile number or email are no longer valid, or a landline phone number is displayed, please contact FirstBank to update your information at 1-800-964-3444
- By using Visa Secure, you assent to the use of Visa Secure to evidence your identity.
- PRIVACY OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- FirstBank's Visa Secure service provider does store phone number and email address information about you which is provided to perform this service. We will not disclose your information to any online retailer.
- You acknowledge and agree that FirstBank may disclose your information if required to do so by applicable law in the good faith belief that such disclosure is permitted by applicable law, or as reasonably necessary to (i) comply with legal process or (ii) enforce this TOS.
- CARDHOLDER SECURITY
- You agree not to transfer or sell your use of, or access to, Visa Secure to any third party. You agree to immediately notify us by contacting customer service at 303-237-5000, or 1-800-964-3444 if outside the Denver metro area, if your card is lost or stolen or of any unauthorized use of your verification information, or any other breach of security. You acknowledge and agree that, except as otherwise provided by Applicable Law or in our Agreements with you, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this TOS.
- You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of Visa Secure.
- Under no circumstances will we be liable for consequential, incidental, special or indirect losses or other damages, such as any damage to your computer or telephone service resulting from your use of Visa Secure.
- We assume no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any damages to, or any viruses which may affect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, or use of, the Visa Secure service.
- We may temporarily or permanently deactivate your ability to use Visa Secure and terminate your relationship with us at any time, with or without fault on your part.
We may suspend or terminate your use of the Visa Secure service immediately:
- If you breach your agreement with us;
- If we suspect someone else is using or attempting to use your card or making or attempting to make a payment without your authority;
- If we are required to do so by any party assisting us in providing the Service; or
- If we are entitled to do so under your account terms and conditions or any other agreement we have with you.
- DEALINGS WITH MERCHANTS
- Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, online retail or other merchants on or through Visa Secure, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such merchant. You agree that, except as otherwise provided by Applicable Law or in our Agreements with you, we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. You understand that use of Visa Secure does not, in any way, indicate that we recommend or endorse any merchant, regardless of whether the merchant participates in Visa Secure. For example, Visa Secure does not verify the identity of the merchant or the quality of the merchant's goods or services.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- You expressly understand and agree that use of Visa Secure is used at your own discretion and risk and that except as otherwise provided in this TOS Agreement, you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the use of Visa Secure.
- EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY ANY APPLICABLE STATE LAW, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT Visa Secure OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- We may change these terms by sending a written notice of the change to any address, including any email account, that you have provided in connection with any of your accounts with us or by publishing them or links to notices on our website: www.efirstbank.com.
- AGE AND RESPONSIBILITY
- You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use Visa Secure and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of Visa Secure. Except as otherwise provided by Applicable Law or in our Agreements with you, you understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of Visa Secure by you and those authorized by you to use your verification information.