Choose from the following options:
- Visit any FirstBank location.
- Contact a Mortgage Specialist.
- In some cases, you may be asked to visit with a FirstBank loan officer even if you applied by phone due to a particular mortgage type or program.
When completing your mortgage application, have the following information ready:
- Name(s), current address(es), and social security number(s) for each borrower.
- Previous addresses for borrowers who have been at their current address for less than two years.
- Names and addresses of all employers within the past two years for each borrower.
- Borrower(s) gross monthly income (including bonuses, dividend, and interest income).
- Information about the property you are buying or refinancing.
- Information about your assets and liabilities.
In order to verify the income used in your FirstBank mortgage application, you may be required to document your income. Typically this would require you to supply one or more copies of:
- Recent pay stubs
- Federal Tax return(s)
- Other similar information
Once you have applied, FirstBank will send you:
- Appropriate disclosures associated with your mortgage type.
- An estimate of the costs associated with your mortgage (Good Faith Estimate).
As part of the underwriting of your mortgage, FirstBank will:
- Obtain a current credit history report of each borrower.
- Order an appraisal along with obtaining a variety of other documents related to the property (i.e. title insurance).
Once all requested documents are received:
- Final underwriting of your mortgage request will take place.
- A bank officer will review your appraisal, title commitment, and any additional financial information that has been obtained.
One of the last steps involved with your mortgage request is locking an interest rate.
- Because there are a variety of options to locking your rate, you will have the opportunity to discuss each option with a FirstBank officer.
- Locking your interest rate ensures that it will not increase before you close your mortgage.
On the day your mortgage is scheduled to close:
- Your FirstBank officer will present you with the mortgage documentation you will be required to sign.
- Your FirstBank officer will be glad to answer any questions you may have regarding your mortgage and the related documents.